I always find it bizarre that as the year draws to a close you feel that nothing has happened but on closer inspection 2012 was a huge year full of growth and celebration for me and for those around me! :)
Things I’ve learnt in 2012
- Don’t hate people for not understanding
- It’s never as bad as you think it is… Don’t let negativity rule your life!
- Success does not come to people in a day, it takes lots of handwork, so there’s no point complaining how much money or connections someone has – they worked their butt off to get where they are and you need to do that to achieve your dreams :)
Things I’ve done in 2012 which I’ve never done before
- Firstly, I started work as a Doctor! :) I’ve laughed, bitched, cried, but most importantly I’ve met so many amazing and inspiring people in the form of bosses, colleagues and patients who have taught me so much in Medicine, Surgery and myself! – definitely too many new experiences in this one to list!
- Befriended a stray kitten my boyfriend’s cousin rescued
- I finally got around to doing outfit posts in a means to motivate me to dress up more and avoid t-shirts and jeans all the time.
- Saw Strassman live!
- Wine tasting at Brown Brothers Winery
- Cheese tasting in Milawa
- Had the degustation menu at a 3 hat restaurant
- Took the plunge to travel solo again.. packed my bags and jetted off to New York City where awaited a whirl-wind adventure! Part 1 and Part 2
- A whole lot of experiences in NY, including going crazy in Sephora, climbing The Rock, watching The Lion King on Broadway and celebrating my first proper Halloween!
- Took my family to a high-class buffet last night! I’m not a big fan of buffets, but when the menu consists of sashimi, Peking duck, fresh seafood and chocolate fountains… it definitely provides a different experience!
- Enjoyed rural Victoria
- Randomly found myself at a Mexican festival :p
- Saw the “How to Train Your Dragon” arena spectacular
- Saw lots of great movies this year including: 21 Jump Street, The Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises, Looper, Wreck It Ralph and Pitch Perfect!
I didn’t blog as much as I would like with work commitments taking a lot of my time, but I hope to blog more next year! Thank-you for joining me in 2012, I’ll see you next year! xx