I can’t believe how fast this year has flown by! It only feels like yesterday that I was a final year Medical student, excited but anxious about this year and now I’m a Doctor, solo traveller extrordinaire, Yearbook editor, event planner, fashion blogger and other crazy feats I can’t believe I’ve done!
Things I’ve learnt in 2011
- I CAN DO IT! Fear of failing and disappointing has been the primary reason for not persuing my dreams and this year I’ve been able to overcome some of that doubt to do things I’d never dream of like travel solo to Austria and Germany and work in a hospital!
- There will always be friends who disappoint you
- Whining does not cure anything, it only worsens the problem by passing it onto someone else to worry about
Things I’ve done in 2011 which I’ve never done before
- Saw a professional Musical- West Side Story!
- Travelled solo/backpacked around Austria and lower Germany
- Dined and drank at an actual beer hall
- Relaxed in hot springs (in Rye)
- Assisted with Maxillofacial surgery (fractured jaws, cancers, broken noses, fractured skulls, wisdom teeth extraction)
- Ventured inside the largest icecaves in the world (Salzburg)
- Enjoyed 2 blissful weeks in Fiji
- Jetskiied, parasailed, white water rafted
- Lived on an island for a week (only took 10 minutes to cross from one side to the other side of the Island)
- Dined at Nobu, Chin Chin, Coda, Movida, Paco’s Tacos, Mamasita, LuxBite and the list goes on!
- Received a full body massage and facial – so good!
- Attended the Melbourne Food and Wine Festival and had a blast!
- Perused an Australian designer’s market
- Visited a Tutankhamun and Lego exhibit
- Editted and partially designed a yearbook
- Graduated and became a Doctor
This year has been amazing and I only hope 2012 to be a stunner! 2012 is going to be about stepping into the “real world” and working as a doctor for the first time and I really want to work hard at maintaining a work life balance and looking after myself and continue to do whatever I want and not be held back by doubts.
Thank-you so much for the support and comments and wishing you all a Safe and Happy New Year!